About Your Visit
We look forward to caring for you and want to make your visit with us as pleasant as possible. Should you have questions prior to your appointment, please feel free to contact us via our Patient Portal or by calling our office at (707)465-2020, Crescent City.
What to Expect
You will be greeted by our front office staff upon your arrival. They will ask that you complete all necessary forms, if you have not already done so prior to your appointment. Your photo will be added to your record in order to properly identify you at all future appointments. Protection of your health information is a top priority and this additional form of identity verification helps us to protect your private information. All applicable insurance information will be requested at this time, and insurance cards will be scanned into your record.
How is PVMC keeping our patients and staff safe during the pandemic?
• We require masks to be worn by staff and patients unless medically contraindicated
• Plexiglas shields have been added as additional barriers against spread of infection
• Optical appointments for better social distancing
• We have reduced waiting room seating/increased spacing
• Our schedule has been modified to minimize waiting times
• We screen all visitors for fever and have them sanitize their hands
• Doors are kept open where possible to minimize touching
• All touched doors and surfaces are re-sanitized throughout the day
In most cases, your eyes will be dilated. You may be very sensitive to direct sunlight and experience slightly blurred vision. The dilation usually lasts 4 to 6 hours but can last longer for some. Each individual is affected differently. If you’ve felt uncomfortable with prior dilation or have never been dilated, we recommend that you bring a driver to your appointment. You will be given dark glasses to minimize these symptoms.
Please print and complete the patient forms listed below and bring them with you to your scheduled appointment along with a list of your current medications, and insurance cards.
- Health Questionnaire
- Registration Form
- Billing Policy Information
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
- Optical Shop Consumer Notice
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- The above completed forms
- Any prescription eyewear
- A list of all other current medications
There may be times that unforeseen emergencies disrupt our schedule. We truly appreciate your patience at these times and want you to know that we will similarly accommodate you if you have an urgent eye problem. We do understand you may have other plans for your day as well. We will notify you as soon as possible if we become aware that there will be a significant delay in your appointment time. You will be given the option of rescheduling if that becomes necessary.